Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SUMMERS ALMOST OVER SUMMERS ALMOST GONE

Once more the opening line of a song by Loudon Wainright the third,who is the father of Rufus Wainright the first.I thought of it because today for the first time this year i have discarded my beloved flip flops and put on socks and trainers,and i pulled out my old jumper and put it on.Yesterday i got up early as usual went down into the bar as usual got my coffee as usual sat in the corner put on my computer as usual but i was freezing cold which is not usual.I suddenly realised it was the 13th october which incidentally is my mothers Birthday,so after texting her birthday wishes i went upstairs and got me a sweater and started humming the above song.That got me thinking about music and all the different genres of it and how my old man used to slag off my musical tastes,"sounds like jungle music" he would say "will never last" was another one,well it did last and is still going strong today and only goes to prove that my old mans musical likes did not stretch too far,but also that i have a much more open mind when it come to music and while i might not like Rap or R+B that much i do respect the people who do it and realise that its their way of saying things,i dont want to be like my old man was but occasionally one finds oneself slipping into it.I suppose its an age thing as well one cannot be cool forever i am talking now about old guys trying to be cool,not all that sure that works too well but what is cool anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home