Monday, March 03, 2008

Has the time come????????????

Over the last few weeks i have had three different people ask me would i sell the pub.Should i sell????? I have been here longer than anything else i have done in my life,i have even been here as long as i lived in Dublin so i suppose you could say i am a local round here.21 years is a hell of a long time to be doing anything but 21 years running a pub like the Witch is very very hard work.In the past i ran the pub to attract young people and boy did the young people come and i have to say hand on my heart they were almost to a boy or girl outstanding people.Of course we got assholes from time to time and also there will have been a few people there who maybe should not have been for one reason or another but i did not knowingly serve underage.Occasionally someone would surprise us,girls when they don make up could fool a grand jury.But there were so many beautiful girls and boys that the word spread far and wide.People came from as far afield as brighton,crawley,horsham and uckfield.On a fiday and sat night there were 400-500 people here it was crazy and it went on for 8 years.I finally got fed up with every weekend having to throw some 18-19 year old kid out and sometimes have to fight with them.I am now 52 and a bit years old and i realised when i was 48 that these kids would always be 18-19 but every year i got a year older and a bit slower and soon i would not be able to fight to save my business.Also i did not like the drugs that were appearing in a lot of kids and the affect they were having on kids,so i gave it all up and turned to food and families and to be honest i wished i had done it two years before.
The last two and a half years have been largely successful and if my stroke had not occured i might have achieved my three year plan.As it happens i am well on course but that takes me back to my original question,should i sell??? if the price is right i suppose is the answer,but whats it worth????? its been a big part of my life so it wont go cheap.I really dont know what to do.What would you do????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home