Wednesday, April 07, 2010

THREE MORE WEEKS TO GO

When i started blogging many years ago,first of all with my old website and then with this new one five years ago,i never had a plan.I would write about whatever came into my head.Now that the time is getting ever closer to my departure i find myself looking back over my time here at THE WITCH.I have had many many happy times here,though not all were happy,i had sad times,desperate times when i could not see how i could survive,but all in all i have to say in general it has given me a great lifestyle over 24 years.My two children were brought up here and enjoyed their time here.I have met many many thousands of people here,not all of whom i have liked but most i have.All through the years people have come and gone,most people are sheep,and move on from place to place following the crowd,they go where the biggest crowd is.I had that but grew tired of it,but i know how it works.For me the Pub is a great institution,but its under the severest threat.They are closing at the rate of 50 a week all over the country as people desert them.Various excuses are put forward,Supermarkets,Superpubs,the prices charged,Bars,all of them are valid excuses but you as people are the ones who make a difference and you are the ones who are really closing the pubs,its in your lifetime this is happening.I know its pointless me going on like this but i have said it for the last time.Use it or you Lose it,simples.Dont turn around in 10 years time and say "where are all our pubs gone,why have they been closed?"because sure as eggs are eggs thats what will happen.I will be on here once or twice more before i disappear off into the mist to let you know how my party went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home